Laser Dentistry for Minimal-discomfort Care
Dentists can now use advanced lasers to treat various oral health concerns. From periodontal treatments to gum contouring and biopsies, laser dentistry can minimize patient discomfort and recovery time. At the same time, lasers can effectively kill bacteria and sterilize tissue without damaging your surrounding soft tissues. Dr. Joe Jeppson is pleased to offer laser dentistry to patients at his Provo, UT, office. At Jeppson Dental, he combines this advanced technology with his gentle techniques. In this way, Dr. Jeppson can enhance your appearance and oral health with minimal discomfort.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
At our practice, we proudly use state-of-the-art diode lasers. The laser energy is transmitted through a small, handheld tool that allows for precise, accurate procedures. Dr. Jeppson can easily treat your dental concerns without having to use bulky or uncomfortable instruments. Diode lasers have a diverse range of uses, and Dr. Jeppson can use them to target very small areas of soft tissue.
Laser Dental Procedures
- Gum contouring: If you have excess gum tissue or uneven gums, Dr. Jeppson can use a laser to remove small layers of tissue. This treatment can reveal more of your teeth and give you a bigger, more even smile.
- Periodontal care: Periodontal disease develops when bacterial pockets build around and under your gums. Diode lasers can eradicate bacteria and sterilize tissues to prevent the spread of gum disease.
- Gingivectomy: If you have severe periodontitis, Dr. Jeppson may remove diseased tissue with a diode laser.
- Frenectomy: The frenum is a small tag of tissue located between your upper and lower lips and gums. Another frenum is located below your tongue. An overly large frenum can cause speech impediments or a gap between your front teeth. During a frenectomy, Dr. Jeppson can remove the frenum with a surgical laser.
- Biopsy: If you have mouth sores or any other symptoms of oral cancer, Dr. Jeppson will typically take a biopsy. Using a laser, he can remove a small sample of tissue, and send it to a lab for testing. Biopsies can help diagnose oral cancer in the initial, most easily treatable stages.
- Cold sore treatment: Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. Laser treatment can kill the virus and help heal painful sores. If you seek treatment at the first indications of a cold sore, laser treatment can often prevent the lesion from developing in the first place.
Dental lasers are very effective, and they can fully eradicate oral bacteria. After laser treatment, you can enjoy dramatically improved oral health that lasts.
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers offer a number of important benefits. Diode lasers are extremely precise. With these tools, Dr. Jeppson can eliminate very tiny amounts of soft tissue without damaging the surrounding tissues. Dental lasers also cause very little discomfort. The high-power energy will seal your tissues during the treatment, and you can experience negligible bleeding and inflammation. You can also experience a very short recovery time. Most importantly, dental lasers are very effective, and they can fully eradicate oral bacteria. After laser treatment, you can enjoy dramatically improved oral health that lasts.
Experience Advanced Treatment
We are dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients through advanced techniques and methods. To learn more about our innovative laser technology, contact our office today.