Invisalign® is a Discreet Orthodontic Option
When your teeth are crooked or misaligned, it can take a serious toll on your self-confidence, and make it much more difficult to maintain oral health. Traditional orthodontic treatment using metal braces is not ideal for many patients who would prefer a more discreet alignment option. At Jeppson Dental, we offer both Invisalign® and ClearCorrectTM treatments to our Provo patients. Dr. Joe Jeppson can help you achieve a straighter smile using a series of clear removable aligners to guide your teeth into proper alignment. To learn more about clear braces and whether they are right for you, contact us today.
How Removable Aligners Work
Before undergoing orthodontic treatment, you will have a thorough consultation with Dr. Jeppson. He will take photos and X-rays of your teeth and jaw for evaluation, and you will discuss your treatment goals. Both Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™ are effective treatment options for crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, crossbite, and widely spaced or crowded teeth. If you are a candidate for clear orthodontics, Dr. Jeppson will take impressions of your teeth, which off-site technicians will use to create your series of customized aligners. You will wear each aligner for about 22 hours a day, removing them only when eating or brushing and flossing. You will change to a new set of aligners about every two weeks. Treatment time with these clear orthodontic aligners is usually comparable to that of traditional braces.
If you want to correct only a few slightly crooked or crowded anterior teeth, we offer express treatment that can enhance your smile in less time. If you choose Invisalign® Express, you will receive five sets of aligners that can straighten your smile in about 10 weeks. An express version of ClearCorrect™ is also available.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
Straight, properly aligned teeth are an aesthetic asset, but they also help you to maintain a healthy smile. Put simply, straight teeth are easier to floss, and provide fewer places for plaque bacteria to accumulate.
The Benefits of Clear Orthodontics
While traditional braces provide excellent results, there are several benefits to choosing Invisalign® or ClearCorrect™:
- Clear aligners are so subtle and fit so precisely upon your natural teeth that most people will not realize you are wearing them, even up close.
- Clear aligners are smooth and comfortable within your mouth, and are less likely to irritate your gums and cheeks than traditional metal brackets and wires.
- Aligners are removable, so you can continue to eat your favorite foods. While traditional braces can become damaged by eating hard or sticky foods, Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™ allow you to eat anything you choose.
- Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™ make it easier to maintain good dental hygiene. Simply remove your mouthpiece, brush and floss, clean the mouthpiece, and then replace it.
- Clear aligners require fewer visits to the office.
Achieve a Straighter Smile
Achieving a straight, symmetrical smile has never been more compatible with your lifestyle. Contact Jeppson Dental today to learn more about Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™.