Refine Your Look with a Smile Makeover
If you are interested in drastically enhancing the look of your smile, a smile makeover may be the answer. Dr. Joe Jeppson offers comprehensive smile makeover treatment plans at his Provo, UT, dental practice. Contact us today to take the first step toward the dazzling smile you have always wanted.
Smile Makeover: An Overview
A smile makeover is a comprehensive treatment plan that combines two or more cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. We will take into account your face, skin tone, hair color, gum tissue, lips, and your teeth to ensure that your results complement your appearance.
A smile makeover can address a variety of cosmetic concerns:
- Tooth color
- Minor alignment and spacing issues
- Excessive or uneven gum tissue
- Tooth length and proportions
- Surface flaws (such as cracks or chips)
We will take into account your face, skin tone, hair color, gum tissue, lips, and your teeth to ensure that your results complement your appearance.
Smile Makeover Candidates
If you have multiple aesthetic concerns, you are most likely a good candidate for a smile makeover. It is recommended that you have healthy teeth and gums, as this helps support any cosmetic or restorative treatment included in your treatment plan.
Patients should keep in mind that a smile makeover is designed to address cosmetic concerns. If you have underlying oral health problems, such as periodontitis, impacted wisdom teeth, or TMJ disorder, these will need to be treated prior to your smile makeover procedures. You will receive a thorough examination by Dr. Jeppson before he makes his recommendations for your treatment plan.
We offer a variety of procedures that can be included in your smile makeover:
- Invisalign®: These clear, removable aligners are a discreet alternative to the metal brackets and wires of traditional orthodontia. Invisalign® can correct problems such as overcrowding, wide spacing, misalignment, overbites, and underbites. Patients are provided with a set of aligners, each of which is worn for about two weeks before proceeding to the next in the series. Your bite is corrected gradually over a period of 12 to 18 months.
- Teeth whitening: This treatment can brighten your teeth several shades through the application of a whitening gel. We offer both in-office and take-home treatments. In-office whitening sessions usually last about 20 minutes and can provide dramatic results. Take-home treatments offer more gradual results and are applied for 30 minutes each day, over several days. Both teeth whitening treatment options are customized for your bite and desired shade of lightening.
- Porcelain veneers: These thin porcelain shells are attached to the front of the teeth to cover imperfections and help create a symmetrical smile. Dr. Jeppson uses IPS e.max® ceramic porcelain to create durable and lifelike veneers. After impressions are taken, skilled technicians will fabricate veneers that fit comfortably and securely over your teeth.
- Gum contouring: We can remove excess gum tissue or reshape an uneven gum line for a more attractive frame for your teeth. Rather than traditional tools, laser technology is used for gum contouring. The procedure and recovery are faster and more comfortable than if a scalpel is used, resulting in a reduced risk of infection and inflammation.
Contact Us Today
At Jeppson Dental, Dr. Jeppson and his team strive to create a friendly environment where every patient can feel relaxed and comfortable. Reach out today to learn how we can help you achieve a dazzling, healthy-looking smile.